Like Port Credit, Streetsville is a lively community. With traditions like moon light madness and Christmas tree lighting. It is situated in the north west corner of the CreditRiver. The Credit Valley Hospital is located in Streetsville, with it's new cancer ward, we can take an advantage of our universal healthcare system. With many parks it is a family friend community. This small town community is like a family where they celebrate Canada Day, Halloween, Christmas, and other major holidays together. Enjoy their Bread And Honey Festival, which was started in 1973.
What would a small town be without it's own farmers market? Erinmills Town Center offers a farmer's market every Thursday 7am-1pm.
Streetville was founded in 1824 by Timothy Street, it was considered as a village. In 1962 Streetsville was considered a town with 5000 people. It was incorporated into Mississauga in 1974. Hazel McCallion was the mayor of Streetsville from 1970-1973, before becoming a mayor of Mississauga in 1978.
North of Mississauga Road and Eglington has maintained the small town charm while, through out Streetsville they have suburbanized the area.
Abigail Street House: Widow of Timothy Street who was one of the founders of Streetsville. Streetsville is the oldest settled village in Peel county 27 Mill St
Pioneer Embleton Family: Built in 1829 John Embleton purchased it from Timothy Street in 1840. It has been used as a Library of the Farmers and Mechanics Institute; general store; then a post office.
A memorial for those soldiers who had fought in the world wars, those who lived in Streetsville and the surrounding area
Streetsville is a community located in the northwestern corner of Mississauga, Ontario, on the CreditRiver. Population 12,040. Since 1973, Streetsville has celebrated its annual Bread and Honey Festival. It is an acknowledgement to the town's fine history and involvement with milling. The festival lasts the entire weekend and is usually held the first weekend in June. Enjoy the many parks an shops of quaint downtown Streetsville.